Our Themes for this Term are:
1st Half: Life Cycles, Growing, Displays and Trips
Communication and Language
Communication & Language
- Give feedback about children’s learning each day – encourage self assessment and discuss next steps
- Sequencing stories
- Complex Sentences
- Diary writing - 'My Bean Diary'
- Writing own ending for Jack and the Beanstalk
- Counting seeds/beans in twos
- Grouping sets of seeds and other objects
- Symmetry - butterflies
- Sorting coins for Giant
- Counting Giant's money
I.C.T. - Cross Curricular
see Autumn Term
Understanding the World
- Changes in our bodies/growth in animals and plants
- Life cycles of seeds
- Young and Old
- Living things live and die/life cycles
- Jack and Beanstalk - Growing beanstalks, investigation beans
ICT: Debbie and Friends
- 3 bean wrap
Expressive Arts & Design
- Making own beanstalks
- Seed/bean collages
- Role play Jack and the Beanstalk
- Create the Giant's castle
- Making golden eggs, harps and coins
- Make a display
- Applying physical skills
- Co-ordination with equipment
- Agility - Reaction, Response
- Balancing equipment on head
- Controlling the ball
- Giant steps 'fe fi fo fum' work
Physical, Social & Emotional Development
- Do you think Jack was stealing?
- Is it good to steal?
- Why do you think some people steal?
- Some countries are poorer than others
Choose Golden Rule to revisit
Information for Parents
- Please send your child to school with a named water bottle which they can access throughout the day.
- As the weather gets warmer please make sure all garments including sun hats and water bottles are labelled.
- If children come to school with an umbrella on wet days please take it home when the children enter their classrooms.
- In wet periods we would be grateful if your child has wellingtons to bring them to school to change into when playing outside. Please ensure that your child's name is in the wellingtons.