Our Themes this Term are:
Our Five Senses
Communication & Language
- Listening and Attention: Listening to stories and rhymes with enjoyment. Shared Reading.
- Understanding: Use talk to organise, sequence and clarify thinking, ideas, feelings and events/talking about stories and news.
- Speaking: Using soundfield, talking pegs. Interact with others, negotiating plans and activites and taking turns - conversation. Egg timers for sharing. Tidying up talk.
- Numbers: Counting (candles, body parts, number rhymes)
- Colours: Naming and mixing
- Recognising Numerals: Greetings cards / ages
- Sorting different objects
- Length/Height - Sizes, using hands and feet
- Money in role play - home and shop
- Shape, Space and Measure: Time - special events, night and day
- Patterns: Clothes, bubbles, using body parts
- Position and Direction: Hiding and finding
- Family Surveys
- Naming Shapes around us.
- Moving and Handling: Throwing and catching, balancing, skipping, music movement
- Fine Motor Skills: Dress dolls, zips,buttons and fasteners on clothes, pegs, threading, puzzles and drawing.
- Health and Self-care: Recognising changes that occur when we exercise
- Healthy Eating
- Becoming independent when changing for PE